Online Registration System
The Online Registration System allows students, through Internet, to register, drop, or add courses within the registration period and the Advisor to do advising for the students by approving/rejecting requested courses by the student or recommending some others.
1.1. What is the Online Registration System (ORS)?
The System provides for students the option to register courses, without the advisor’s prior approval, offered by their colleges during the scheduled registration periods. The students can modify their course selection by adding and/or dropping courses. However, when the registration period is over, all previously registered courses by the students will be viewable in the system.
2.The ORS Features:
The students may or may not have prior experience using such system. Ideally, any student can identify him/herself to the system, to do the following:
1. Register, Add, or Drop course/courses during the registration period.
2. Pay registration fees Online through a secured web access.
View the following:
- Timetable, and print it out.
- Student Information
- Degree Analysis
- Financial records
- Current Transactions.
- Change the login password
3. Login information Policy:
The student should be in compliance with following:
- The Login information (username and password) is the same as for the Evaluation and Moodle systems and it is integrated with them. i.e. if the password has been changed for any of these systems, the online password will be changed sub-sequentially and vice versa.
- If the student loses or forgets his/her password, he/she should do the following:
a- Pay 15 AED for reset password charges at the financial department.
b- Come to the I.T. department with the receipt to request reset password.
- The System password should consist of eight (8) digits minimum.
The University student Email should be active (<firstname.lastname@example.org); and maintain the confidentiality of his/her login information.
4. The Terms and Conditions of using the ORS:
The student may use the system to register, if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The registration is done during the registration schedule, drop and add period, as published by Admission and Registration Deanship;
- The student should have registered all courses as outlined in his/her study plan and should not have had any exceptions during his/her study period
- The student status is not suspended, prohibited, canceled, or does not have an academic Block from the Admissions & Registration Deanship;
- The student has an Academic Advisor entered on the Oracle System;
- The student has regular financial status;
- The student has a 2000 AED down payment in his university account;
- The student has no academic warnings.
- The student email is active.
- The advisor or student cannot register completed courses, i.e. courses have already passed. The advisor may use the Oracle System to register such a course.
5.The ORS Procedures:
The registration process on the ORS is based on registration request to the advisor before starting the actual registration. The ORS process is as follows:
- The student has a down payment of 2000 AED. He/she may pay online using the ORS.
- The student will login to the ORS, select 3 to 8 courses from the list of offered but not already taken courses of the study plan, and select the preferred sections and timing for the approved courses.
- The student will click Save to confirm registration.