SMS Broadcast Service
What is SMS Broadcast Service
- SMS Broadcast is a web-based application allowing sending simultaneously a large number of mobile SMS messages to a pre-defined and targeted group of users.
- Any college/department may send bulk SMS messages through the I.T. department to AUST members, students or graduates on their mobile phones.
Rules and Regulations
- This service is available for both campuses, Ajman and Fujairah.
- The costs in AED of each SMS for the countries that are mostly likely to be covered by this service are:
- The I.T. Department updates the list of mobile phones of staff and students from Oracle System each semester. For a customized list, the College/Department should send the required list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SMS limit for an English message is 165 characters.
- SMS limit for an Arabic message is 70 characters.
- In case the number of characters in the message is more than the above mentioned limits, it will be charged as multiple SMS messages to each targeted group member.
SMS Service Procedures
In order to use this service, please follow the below mentioned procedures:
- The College/Department should send the SMS to a proofreader, Mr. Moulay Hamzaoui, at email@example.com in two languages, English and Arabic, by email. The sender should specify all recipients’ details. (i.e. for all students, specific college, warned students, or staff members).
- The College/Department will forward the email after proofreading the SMS message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The I.T. Department will send the SMS to the requested list.
- The College/Department will receive an email from the I.T. helpdesk to inform the requester that the work order has been completed.
For any further clarifications, please contact the Helpdesk on 06-7056500, or email@example.com.