An application is considered complete if the applicant submits to the Office Admission & Registration the following documents:
- Application form, which may be obtained from the Admission and Registration Deanship, to be filled in by the applicant
- Certified copy of UAE Secondary School Certificate, or its equivalent (recommended)
- Certified copy of the Bachelor degree certificate or its equivalent. (If the Bachelor degree is obtained abroad, the equivalency certificate issued by UAE Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific must also be submitted)
- Certified copy of the grade transcript
- Certificate of proficiency in the English language, e.g. TOEFL with a minimum score 550 in TOEFL or its equivalent
- Photocopy of valid passport
- Photocopy of UAE national ID
- Health certificate, issued by AU doctor
- Certificate of good conduct, issued by an official body
- Six recent passport-size photographs
- Two recommendation letters
- A written commitment signed by the applicant that he/she will observe AU rules and regulations.
- AU does not take into consideration Institutional TOEFL scores obtained at another institution
- Applications for admission are processed only after payment of the non-refundable Application & Registration fee for Graduate programs which are AED 2000. This fee is reduced to AED 1300 for applicants to Professional Graduate Diploma in Teaching.
- Transfer students are also requested to pay AED 500 for the evaluation of the credits that may be transferred to them.
Certification of Documents
- Newly-admitted students are requested to have their documents certified before the end of the first semester of the study, otherwise, their registration will be canceled.
- Bachelor degree Certificate and Grade Transcript obtained in the UAE must be certificated by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE.
- Bachelor degrees and Grade Transcripts obtained abroad must be certificated by the Ministry of Higher Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin, and the UAE embassy in that country, or the embassy of the country which issued the certificate, and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.