Main Functions of the QAIRU
- Monitor the performance of the University academic programs, support units and administrative departments to ensure the achievement of the set goals, objectives and outcomes.
- Coordinate the conduction of assessment and feedback surveys.
- Develop, implement and coordinate comprehensive plans for educational outcomes assessment.
- Work with academic departments to develop and implement student learning assessment plans.
- Create and maintain a database of institutional information.
- Coordinate reporting to the Commission of Academic Accreditation (CAA), and serve as a liaison thereof.
- Track student persistence, completions, and attrition trends.
- Provide institutional research support for the University management.
- Ensure that assessment results are used in subsequent planning activities.
- Perform other duties such as providing data to management and colleges.
Institutional Research Role
- Provides analytical and technical support to AUST administration to support strategic planning and data-based decision making;
- Produces the University Fact book, which is available for use by all members of the University community.
- Creates and maintains databases for reporting student enrolment, academic performance, retention, attrition, and graduation rates.
Effectiveness of Academic Programs Role:
The Unit is responsible for:
- Predicting academic success and ensure adequate support services for students;
- Assessing the achievement of learning outcomes of all academic programs.
- Assessing the achievement of the objectives of support and administrative unit.
- Evaluating student overall satisfaction with their academic programs and administrative and support services provided to them.
- Assessing alumni/graduate satisfactions with the education received at the University.
- Using assessment results to improve the teaching and learning environment.