Institute of Energy,Water & Environment
The Institute aims to:
- Train students on groundwater exploration, exploitation and monitoring with direct supervision by highly qualified experts in groundwater engineering.
- Enhance student ability to collect, analyze and manage data in order to pursue higher levels of research.
- Contribute to the improvement of current groundwater management policies in the Arab region by introducing advanced practices in groundwater extraction and management.
- Improve qualifications and skills of program students and others working as technicians, consultants or professionals in groundwater related areas.
Master of Science in Groundwater Engineering and Management
- A Bachelor of Science in engineering, science, agriculture, or other relevant disciplines awarded by an educational institution accredited and approved by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Calculus, Introduction to Computer, General Chemistry, and General Physics.
- Two recommendation letters by appropriate academic referees.
The Master of Science in Groundwater Engineering and Management is awarded upon the fulfillment of the following:
- Successful completion of 36 credit hours, with a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- Submission and discussion of a research thesis before the Institute Committee.
Graduates will be equipped to work in:
- Ministries of Agriculture, Environment and Energy
- Departments of Water Resources Planning and Management, Water Well Technology, Hydrology, GIS applications in Water Resources, and Subsurface Microbiology in public and private institutions
- Desalination and Water Treatment Companies
- Provision of consultancy to public and private sectors in environment and water-related areas