Mission and Objectives
AU offers a wide array of undergraduate and graduate programs that satisfy the needs of students and employers in relation to knowledge-based economy through the combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills. The University is committed to producing globally competitive graduates who are professionally competent, socially responsible and ready to contribute to the development of society by continually enhancing the quality of its core functions: teaching, research and community engagement.
AU strives to:
- Offer a broad range of degree programs relevant to the needs of the UAE and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries;
- Enable graduates to achieve high-level professional objectives and assume leadership roles by acquiring up-to-date knowledge and advanced skills;
- Enable students to develop critical thinking skills, and impart to them the values of lifelong learning;
- Improve AU research activity by establishing research groups, and increasing research funding;
- Broaden the number of offered graduate programs and establish doctoral programs;
- Retain outstanding faculty and staff;
- Reinforce the current framework for quality enhancement involving both internal and external assessments;
- Promote important aspects of professional life, such as ethical behavior, responsibility, community engagement, and ideals.